By Kyley Alderson, HC Link
Good facilitation is an essential component to achieving success as a group. A facilitator helps a group to accomplish its objectives by ensuring comfort, fairness and good participation from all members, maximizing a group’s ability to come up with ideas/solutions, and keeping a group on track to move towards its goals.
At HC Link, we take pride in our staff and our ability to help groups achieve success through our facilitation skills. We have received a number of requests asking for more information on various facilitation approaches and techniques – so we decided to do a blog series to assist in your learning!
Here is a listing of all of the blogs in this series:
• Introduction to Choosing a Facilitation Technique
• Peer Sharing: the wise crowds technique
• Breaking the Ice: putting a little fun into working with groups
• Appreciative Inquiry
• Facilitating a Priority Setting Exercise
• 1-2-4-all: Engage everyone in group conversation
• Using “Visioning” as a Facilitation Technique
• Using popular theatre as a facilitation technique
We hope you found this information and examples helpful!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have – or to request a service from us to help with facilitating your community processes, meetings or events.